Raw corn kernels sliced straight off the cob are the base of this fresh corn and tomato salad. The corn and tomatoes marinate in a garlicky white wine vinaigrette.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 ears corn, kernels sliced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes or grape tomatoes, quartered
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced, white and green parts separated
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- In a large bowl, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, garlic, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper.
- Stir the corn kernels, tomatoes and white scallions into the vinaigrette.
- Let the tomatoes and corn marinate for 30 minutes.
- Stir in the scallions greens and parsley before serving.
For the best results, use the freshest corn and tomatoes that you can find.
- Greens such as baby arugula or spinach or chopped romaine
- Diced avocados
- Diced cucumbers
- Chopped walnuts
Variation: Use cilantro instead of parsley and the juice of a lime instead of white wine vinegar. In this Tex-Mex version, I also like to add a minced jalapeno, avocados and diced red bell peppers.
Store leftovers in the refrigerator in an airtight container up to 3 days. Let the salad sit at room temperature before serving if the oil in the vinaigrette has become solid in the cold temperature of the fridge.
Keywords: corn and tomato salad, fresh corn salad