From salads to pasta to bruschetta, there are so many things you can do with these simple marinated cherry tomatoes with garlic, fresh herbs and onions.
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onions
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound cherry tomatoes, halved
- In a large bowl, whisk together the garlic, onions, vinegar, olive oil, chives, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Stir in the tomatoes. Let them marinate for 1-2 hours at room temperature. You can also marinate the tomatoes in the refrigerator for 12-24 hours. Just make sure to let them come to room temperature before serving.
- Salad with or without greens
- Bruschetta or crostini (spoon the tomatoes on fresh or toasted sliced baguette)
- Pasta salad
- Grains (stirred into cooked quinoa, farro or barley)
- Topping for grilled fish or chicken
Store the tomatoes in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 5 days.
Keywords: cherry tomato recipes, marinated tomatoes