Sautéed with olive oil and lemon and finished with everything bagel seasoning, these snap peas are the perfect simple veggie side.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound sugar snap peas
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon everything seasoning
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over high heat.
- Add the snap peas and lemon juice. Sauté for 3-5 minutes until bright green and tender but crisp. Some will be lightly browned.
- Stir in lemon zest, salt and pepper.
- Finish with everything seasoning.
If you want to flavor them with something other than everything seasoning, keep the lemon, salt and pepper and try one of these ideas:
Red pepper flakes add spicy heat.
Butter: Stir in a knob of butter at the end of sautéing.
Garlic: Add one minced garlic clove in the final 30 seconds of sautéing.
Parmesan cheese: Sprinkle them with finely grated Parmesan for a final garnish.
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 3 days. Eat them cold or quickly warm them in a skillet over medium heat.
Keywords: sugar snap peas, snap peas recipe
WHAT DID YOU THINK?
Rate + Review