Toasted bagel crumbs mixed with lemon zest make a crunchy vegetable topping for already crunchy everything snap peas finished with grated Parmesan.
- Half everything bagel, cut into pieces
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon finely grated Parmesan plus more for serving
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 pound fresh snap peas, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives
- Place the bagel into a food processor and chop into coarse crumbs. Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Sauté the bagel crumbs until they are golden brown and toasted, about 4-5 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the lemon zest, Parmesan and salt. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Wipe out the skillet and add the remaining olive oil. Sauté the snap peas over medium high heat until they are crisp and bright green, about 2 minutes. Place the peas into a large bowl and stir in the bagel crumbs. Top with chives and additional Parmesan before serving.