Canned pumpkin puree is just one reason to love this easy one-pot baked pumpkin risotto. It is total comfort food with everything to love about fall.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small white onion, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt plus more for serving
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper plus more for serving
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1–15 ounce can pumpkin puree
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan plus shaved Parmesan for serving
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley plus more for serving
- Toasted chopped walnuts for serving
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large ovenproof saucepan, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium high heat. Sauté the onions until soft and translucent, about 3-4 minutes. Add the garlic, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes cooking until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Stir in the arborio rice and cook for 1 minute. Pour in the wine, letting it bubble and be absorbed by the rice.
- Add the pumpkin puree and vegetable broth and bring to a boil. Cover the saucepan with a lid and transfer to the oven.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until the rice is tender. Stir in the grated Parmesan and parsley. Season to taste with salt and pepper
- Top with shaved Parmesan, additional parsley and toasted walnuts before serving.