Peppery baby greens tossed in lemon juice are a fresh final topping for this sun dried tomato arugula pizza. Grill it or bake it in the oven.
- For dough
- 2/3 cup warm water
- 1/2 teaspoon dry active yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil plus more for bowl
- 1 cup bread flour plus more for work surface
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- For pizza
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup chopped sun dried tomatoes from a jar, oil drained
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 1 cup shredded Italian cheese blend
- 1 cup arugula
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Pinch of kosher salt and black pepper
- For the dough, combine the water, yeast, sugar and olive oil in a large bowl. Let stand for 5 minutes until foamy. Stir both flours and salt into the yeast mixture until it forms a shaggy dough. Turn the dough onto a lightly floured work surface and knead for 10 minutes until the dough is smooth and elastic. (Alternatively, the dough can be mixed in the bowl of a stand mixer using a dough hook.)
- Gather the dough into a ball, transfer to an oiled bowl and cover. Place the bowl in a warm spot to allow the dough to rise until it has doubled in size, about 2 hours.
- Preheat a gas or charcoal grill on high heat.
- On a lightly floured work surface, roll out the dough into a 12-inch diameter circle. Place the dough directly on the grates and grill for 3 minutes with the lid closed until the crust has grill marks and has puffed up. Turn over the crust and grill for an additional 2 minutes.
- Spread the tomato sauce on the pizza leaving a 1-inch border at the edge. Scatter on the chopped sun dried tomatoes and sliced garlic. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Continue grilling until the cheese has melted, about 2-3 minutes.
- Toss the arugula with lemon juice, salt and pepper. Top the pizza with arugula before serving.
To bake the pizza: Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F with a pizza stone inside. Roll out the dough. Sprinkle the hot stone with cornmeal. Place the dough on the stone. Top with tomato sauce, sun dried tomatoes and cheese. Bake for 12-15 minutes. Toss the arugula with lemon juice, salt and pepper and sprinkle it on the cooked pizza.
Keywords: arugula pizza, sun dried tomato pizza
WHAT DID YOU THINK?
Rate + Review