It doesn’t get much better than this mix of fresh herbs, lemon and garlic with these pappardelle egg noodles. This is a fast and easy pasta recipe.
- 8 ounces pappardelle pasta
- 1/4 up olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese plus more for serving
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 3 tablespoons chopped chives
- 1/4 cup basil leaves (larger leaves torn)
- Cook the pasta until al dente in a large pot of salted boiling water according to package instructions. Save 1/2 cup pasta cooking water before draining it in a colander.
- Heat the oil over medium low heat in a dutch oven. Gently fry the garlic until it is light golden brown, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the salt, pepper and red pepper flakes.
- Stir in the pasta, coating it in the oil and garlic.
- Stir in the lemon juice and zest and reserved pasta water.
- Fold in the Parmesan cheese.
- Stir in the parsley, chives and basil leaves.
- Divide into bowls and top with additional Parmesan before serving.
You can start warming the olive oil in the last few minutes of cook time for the pasta. If you do this, you can transfer the pasta straight to the oil and garlic rather than draining it first. Just remember to save a 1/2 cup of pasta cooking water.
You can substitute tagliatelle for pappardelle.
If you want a stronger cheese, try pecorino or a mix of pecorino and Parmesan.
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 3 days. Warm them in the microwave or on the stove with olive oil. Stir in more fresh herbs once it is warm.
Keywords: pappardelle pasta, pappardelle pasta recipe