- 1 cup orzo
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- 3 cups chopped curly kale
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup grated pecorino cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Cook the orzo in salted boiling water until al dente according to package instructions. Drain and rinse with cold water in a colander or strainer.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet or sauté pan over medium heat. Toast the breadcrumbs, stirring frequently, until they turn golden brown, about 2-3 minutes. Add the garlic, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes. Continue cooking for 30 seconds until fragrant. Add the kale, lemon juice and zest and sauté until the kale has wilted, about 2-3 minutes.
- Stir the orzo, pecorino cheese and parsley into the kale and give it a minute for everything to warm.