Soaked in olive oil and a mix of garlic, lemon and herbs, marinated mozzarella balls are a great appetizer served with toasted bread. Or try them on pizzas and in salads or pastas.
- 8 ounces, fresh mozzarella balls, ciliegine size
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 lemon, peel and juice
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 2–3 tablespoons chopped parsley and basil
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Drain the mozzarella and pat off the excess moisture with a towel.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the olive oil, lemon peel and juice, garlic, parsley, basil, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Add the mozzarella and spoon the marinade over the cheese.
- Marinate the mozzarella for at least 45 minutes to 1 hour at room temperature before serving.
For the lemon, use a peeler to slice off the peel. Then cut the lemon in half and squeeze out the juice.
Store covered in the refrigerator up to 5 days. Bring to room temperature before serving.
Serve the mozzarella with toasted bread as an appetizer. You also can use the marinated mozzarella in salads, on pizzas or in pastas.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 284
- Sugar: 1.4 g
- Sodium: 341.6 mg
- Fat: 27.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 4 g
- Fiber: 0.2 g
- Protein: 8.6 g
- Cholesterol: 29.9 mg
Keywords: Fresh mozzarella, marinated mozzarella, marinated mozzarella balls