With lemon and garlic, this pasta with chickpeas and swiss chard is a simple vegetarian meal that’s filling and ready in about 15 minutes.
- 12 ounces spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1–15 ounce can chickpeas, drained, rinsed and patted dry
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 ounces swiss chard, stems removed and torn
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Shaved Parmesan for serving
- Cook the spaghetti until al dente according to package instructions.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the chickpeas and sauté, periodically shaking the pan and letting the chickpeas turn crispy and golden, about 5-6 minutes.
- Add the lemon juice and garlic cooking until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Sauté the swiss chard until it wilts, about 3-4 minutes.
- Use tongs to transfer the spaghetti from the pot to the skillet. Tossing with salt, pepper and parsley.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan before serving.
This recipe is delicious and very quick and easy to prepare. I didn’t change a thing which is very unusual for me. Instead of pasta I used Trader Joe’s Hearts of Palm Pasta. My husband loved it! Should have doubled the recipe. It’s a keeper 🙂
Love this twist with hearts of palm pasta!!! I have to try that next time I’m at Trader Joe’s.