Made on the stove, sautéed broccolini with spiced almonds uses a mix of cumin and cayenne pepper. The best sides are fast and don’t hog valuable oven space.
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Pinch of garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped almonds
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 bunches broccolini (about 1 pound), ends trimmed
- Flaky sea salt for serving
- In a small bowl, combine the cumin, paprika, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, toast the almonds for 1 minute. Add the olive oil and spice mix.
- Sauté the broccolini until bright green and tender but still crisp—about 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with flaky sea salt before serving.