With toasted pine nuts, feta cheese and white wine vinaigrette, this easy zucchini salad is a reminder that not all salads need leafy greens.
- For vinaigrette
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon whole grain mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- For salad
- 3–4 medium zucchini
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- To make the vinaigrette, whisk together the vinegar, mustard, garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Use a vegetable peeler or mandolin to thinly slice the zucchini into ribbons.
- In a large bowl, toss the sliced zucchini with about half the vinaigrette.
- Then stir in the pine nuts, feta and chives. Drizzle in more vinaigrette as desired.
In addition to zucchini, you can also use thinly peeled yellow squash or cucumbers.
Goat cheese or shaved parmesan can be substituted for feta.
Optional additions to the salad: halved or quartered cherry tomatoes, pitted olives or thinly sliced peaches
The salad is best eaten the day it is made. Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 2 days.
Keywords: zucchini salad, raw zucchini