With garlic, arugula, lemon juice and olive oil, this 15-minute vegan avocado pasta is an easy weeknight dinner with a simple no-cook sauce.
- 10 ounces bucatini, spaghetti or fettuccine
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 cup baby arugula
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Chopped parsley or chives for serving
- Cook the pasta in a pot of boiling salted water according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Use tongs to transfer the pasta to a large bowl.
- While the pasta is cooking mince the garlic in a food processor or blender. Halve the avocado, pit it and scoop out the flesh into the food processor. Add the arugula, lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper and puree into a sauce.
- Stir the avocado sauce into the pasta. Top with fresh herbs before serving.
Keywords: avocado pasta, avocado pasta sauce