With garlic, arugula, lemon juice and olive oil, this 15-minute vegan avocado pasta is an easy weeknight dinner with a simple no-cook sauce.
- 10 ounces bucatini, spaghetti or fettuccine
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 cup baby arugula
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Chopped parsley or chives for serving
- Cook the pasta in a pot of boiling salted water according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Use tongs to transfer the pasta to a large bowl.
- While the pasta is cooking mince the garlic in a food processor or blender. Halve the avocado, pit it and scoop out the flesh into the food processor. Add the arugula, lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper and puree into a sauce.
- Stir the avocado sauce into the pasta. Top with fresh herbs before serving.
Keywords: avocado pasta, avocado pasta sauce
Love it 🙂
Had just a few minutes and a very ripe avocado to spare to throw together a quick pasta dinner, and this recipe delivered DELICIOUSLY!! I also threw in a tablespoon of vegan parmesan cheese and a pinch of red pepoer into the food processor, and my husband, who is not vegan but eats it out of necessity, said it was amazing! Kudos for a quick pasta keeper recipe!👍👏♥️
Rosalie–that’s so great to hear you and your husband enjoyed it!
I really liked this super creamy sauce. I subbed spinach for the arugula and added charred corn and pine nuts on top and used Banza linguine because we had it in the pantry. Next time, I’ll add 1/2 the lemon and taste the sauce before adding the rest …I think I had a pretty large lemon compared with my avocado …and try it with bucatini. I’d also experiment with roasting the garlic first. Thanks for a yummy dinner!