The sauce on this roasted cauliflower and chickpeas with herby tahini is pure magic. Try these veggies as a vegan side or main or as a flatbread topping.
- For cauliflower and chickpeas
- 1 head cauliflower, leaves removed, bottom stem trimmed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1–15 ounce can chickpeas drained and rinsed
- For herby tahini
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 1 cup fresh parsley and cilantro leaves plus more chopped for serving
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3–4 tablespoons water
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Cut the cauliflower lengthwise into 3/4-inch slices. In a large bowl, whisk together the olive oil, cumin, smoked paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Toss the cauliflower and chickpeas into the mixture.
- Arrange the cauliflower in a single layer on a sheet pan. Put the chickpeas in the spaces in between the cauliflower. Roast for 25-30 minutes, flipping halfway through cooking, until the cauliflower is browned at the edges and the chickpeas are crispy.
- For the herby tahini, mince the garlic clove in the bowl of a food processor. Add the tahini, parsley and cilantro, scallions, lemon juice, salt and water and process until combined and smooth.
- Drizzle the roasted cauliflower and chickpeas with herby tahini. Sprinkle with chopped parsley and cilantro.
For flatbread, spread hummus and herby tahini on naan or pita and top with cauliflower, chickpeas and chopped parsley and cilantro.