The citrus, parsley and toasted pine nuts in this herby lemon quinoa make it an easy all-purpose side dish that goes with lots of different mains.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 1–3/4 cups water
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1/3 cup chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- Heat the olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Sauté the garlic, cumin, salt and pepper until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add the quinoa and toast for 2 minutes. Pour in the water and bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to simmer on low for 12-15 minutes until the quinoa is cooked, and the water has been absorbed.
- Remove the quinoa from the heat. Let stand covered for 5 minutes. Then fluff with a fork and stir in the lemon juice, lemon zest, parsley and pine nuts.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 4 days. Reheat in the microwave as desired or enjoy cold in a grain salad.
Keywords: lemon quinoa, lemon quinoa recipe